即時報導 What's News

Headline News

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Deep Inside of a Non Star Player

Joining Wed FC needs some courage and definitely more humility than working in a big corporate company. I am not sure about how the rest of my teammates think, but that was definitely in my mind when I joined them for my first game and it is still inside my mind till today.

You know you will be playing alongside the Social League star players mostly make up of players from the champion team Mancis, plus some other stars such as Taso of KLV, Sia and Yew of SC, Joachim who was with LSCM-TSV then, Onn of Kepong Chinese et cetera. And at that time I was playing for Sri Petaling in Div. 1 (now even worst, playing for Maluri at Div. 2). All those mentioned players plus Batman, Iron Loong, Sai D and other star players from Mancis, the thought of it already make your leg wobbly, and it is worst than having to face my boss on his off day.

Will that in mind and with encouragement from my two susu niam niam buddy (Bullet Lee and Robin), I join Wednesday FC more than a year ago. For my first game, I only got to play in the third half of the game......then another 3rd half appearance in my second game.....which led me to think if it is all worth it? Afterall I was consider as one of the star player in SP team at that time.....But the excitement of playing in a team who has players who are really dedicated, works hard and the opportunity to learn more (yes, the opportunity to learn at the age of 34) drive me on.

Well......it has been almost 2 years now that I am with this team. I am still the fringe player in the team. The manager would still prefer to put a right leg star player to play on the left midfield position rather than putting a natural left leg player (Me lah) in the starting line up. If I do get the opportunity to play first, most likely the 2nd half would not see me featuring. Sometimes when we play against teams who plays in Selangor League, the manager would prefer to call outsiders (good players lah) than letting me play first.

Not worth it??? I don't have the answer. I still arrived at the field around 4.30pm and start wearing my boots. Sometimes I arrived earlier at 4pm to yam cha with my buddy bullet Lee and then proceed to the field before 5pm........

See you guys later.........

No comments: