即時報導 What's News

Headline News

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Borak Borak Time

Guys, is Wednesday again. The lover of Western cuisine should be familiar with TGIF (Thank God is Friday, hope I got this correct), so for all WFC members, it is always TGIW. Is yam cha follow by football time.

I managed to browse through the newspaper this morning while having my breakfast and 2 headline caught my attention. The disaster in Myammar and Paul Gascoine seen begging on the street. I remember when Mr. Gascoine was at his peak playing for Spurs, he needlessly went for a challenge in a game and broke his leg. He was never the same player again. It was the same case as our friend Mr. Bai Khar Tan who went for a challenge in the game against Astaka and sustain serious injury to his knee that requires operation. He is now on his road to recovery but still unsure when he could start playing again. So football and natural disaster is very similar in a way..........you never know when disaster will strike but we could definitely have some plan to minimize the damage if indeed it strikes. This lead me back to my main point today....

Last Saturday during the game against Serdang Ranger, Wayne, Bone Chun and me was sitting outside during the third half when we start talking about Bai Khar Tan's injury and the cost involved for the operation et cetera. Wayne and I both agreed that as a footballer, Bone Chun should have some coverage in terms of insurance and medical insurance. In fact if we are to look into the cost of the operation which is more than RM40k as in Bai Khar Tan's case, do we really have that cash in hand to deal with it? Another question will be why should our hobby becomes a financial burden which will affect our family if we really sustain an injury? While a lot of players would think that they will not sustain injury if they do not go in a challenge or try to avoid challenge, then I would say this is very wrong. Yours truly managed to lose my footing, slip and sprain my ankle last week without any challenge from opponent. I was lucky as I wore my ankle guard as protection which managed to hold firm. Without it, it could have been worst.

Guys, please think about it. By the way, I am not an insurance agent but as Wayne put it, "you don't have to get a policy from me, but please do go and get a coverage to protect yourself and family".

See you guys later......

1 comment:

Wednesday FC said...

Ling,

Bone Chuen(ah chuen) is covered by medical insurance. The guy i urged to get his medical coverage is Mr. Ah Soh.